Splitting our project in 6 episodes - Dividere il nostro progetto in 6 episodi, Six parts as the "big chapters" of the book - Sei parti come i "sei grandi capitoli" del libro

« Older   Newer »
kane112esimo
view post Posted on 17/2/2012, 12:38

A few days ago an amazing idea flashed in my mind:
what about splitting, reorganizing and rationalizing our ambitious project in six different parts as the book itself was made?

Through the years of development that have been diagnosed by the experienced modders that are working with us, completing each part will look like a challenge to all of us: things to improve, to update, to change.

Releasing a first chapter public beta on time ( before the end of 2012 ) will grant us more trust and that means more satisfaction for our work.
The first part will look as "the teasing one", because it's too short to include great battles and lots of sidemissions. It will be focused on main characters introduction and plots initialization.

Here comes the original book's parting:

PART I - 1135-1136
PART II - 1136-1137
PART III - 1140-1142
PART IV - 1142-1145
PART V - 1152-1155
PART VI - 1170-1174

And the main events in the first part:

1) Preface and Prologue ( Whiteship and hanging );
2) Tom stops building Hamleigh's house;
3) Martha ( his daughter ) gets injured by bandits, Tom and his family meet Ellen and Jack ( her son ) in the wood;
4) he finds no work, Agnes give birth to a third baby and she dies;
5) Francis saves the baby and bring him to St.John in the Forest, talks to Philip ( his brother ) about old Kingsbridge prior's secret;
6) Tom's family and Ellen come together again, travel to Shiring seeking for work, then to Kingsbridge;
7) Jack sets the old Kingsbridge's Cathedral on fire
8) Tom finds his third son who has been named "Jonathan";
9) he has been asked to build a new cathedral ( his dream ) but Ellen must leave Kingsbrige because she's considered a witch;
10) Ellen leaves town with the promise to come back.

What do you think about this parting solution? Let me know!

Edited by kane112esimo - 17/2/2012, 15:01

tommy96_tiger
view post Posted on 17/2/2012, 18:23

This is a good idea ... I think the first part could be used as a tutorial and also to explain some of the main differences between Skyrim and this mod!

Questa è una buona idea ... Penso che la prima parte potrebbe essere usata come un tutorial e anche per spiegare alcune delle differenze principali tra Skyrim e questo mod!

kane112esimo
view post Posted on 17/2/2012, 18:42

Mh yeah, thanks.
Even if the first part is pretty long to be "a tutorial" :B): The only thing I find difficult to realize is to import the same character made in part one to part two and so on: the structure will be really close to Mass Effect savegames' one but will it be possible to make?

scherryart
view post Posted on 19/2/2012, 01:30

So the breakdown would be really helpful to the artists if im not mistaken. In case we tire of sketching the castles and cathedrals well soon need the unfinished house Tom works on in the beginning correct?

kane112esimo
view post Posted on 19/2/2012, 13:19

Exactly.
But we still need to grow a little more before starting modelling and texturing.

4 replies since 17/2/2012, 12:38   109 views